Monday, April 20, 2009

Finding my own pace.

Just now I went to this place again. I been spending most of my time at home during the day and night for almost one month because I am jobless! When I stay at home I would be watching series, reading blogs else I would be sleeping more than 10 hours a day and I sleep during the day time not night time. Kinda feel like I am really a vampire.

Well I feel like I made a great improvement of meyself just now because I finally found my own pace in swiming. Last time the most I can swim at Olympic sized pool which is 50meter in length was 2 laps. This is because I always rushing to finish of something end up I have not enough breath to keep me going for the third lap.

But today is a different day, not because of today is the first day of school for NP students. I made 10 laps non-stop! I think i really made a great improvement and I made it to total of 22 laps today. The first 10 laps was on and off because I can't find my pace yet, after I been swiming for 3 years. I don't swim that often when I haven't came over to sg.

Last year when I was training with Andy, I also getting hard time to find my own pace in running even during the competition of pinacle. I lost my pace which really slow me down because I can't catch my breath. Thanks to Andy slowly help me to get back my pace. I find that, once you are in your own pace, you will be on a smooth ride. You can just keep on going and going without feeling tired at all.

I like to swim because I like water. The sound of the water calms me down and you can hear the sound of you own heart beep and counting it. It's peaceful when to swim at the pool and you feel that you are in control of everything such as, your speed, your breath, your heart beat, your direction, etc.

I should do more before my works start! So next time, I shall try to made it to 20 laps in one go! Yes I know I can do that!

5 comments:

LZ said...

Wow! Very healthy!

Wish I can do 20 laps also hahaha..used to be able to do that but now..I doubt even 2. Hahah..

Jason O said...

So ganas ah...

LucasLost said...

nvm.. slowly swim! eventually you will reach 20 laps. But i can see that u been walking around very often.. so no problem for you!

Jason O, awh... nice tips at your blog... will be visiting there very often!

~Live Life~ said...

Great to hear that u improved a lot in swimming...keep it up!

Its the same thing in life too...find your own pace...

Take this "jobless" period to think real hard about yourself and life...I bet it will be useful...

LucasLost said...

too rush life will also end up in disaster right? i think i have to learn to slow down.

thanks again!