Friday, May 22, 2009

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Graduation Dinner and Dance 2009

It was already last Friday that I attended my graduation dinner for free and the photos from official photographer had just uploaded... so is time for me to blog them out before I starts to forgot about the night itself.

That night was one of the best night I had in my life, although it suppose to be everyone's graduation dinner, but the Emcee had made me real famous among the school's top graduates and lectures. Thanks to Emcee Harry again. You can visit his site over here. Besides making me famous, there is another person who is as famous as me for the night, this is due to her name is called Tian Tian. Want to know more about her? Follow here. A video clip from facebook.

Late evening of the day, I suppose to meet up with my room mate and go over there together, but he came over from JB so... I had to go down there myself, but who knows, on the way down I saw someone! Haha my coursemate- Jiawei and she was on her way to meet her others friends, after some discusion, we decided to took cab to the restaurant because we were getting late! The total people taking the cab was 5, so we have to split into 2 cab. Sob sob... is was expensive but... it paid off!

Jiawei, Binyue, Yinan and Yi He

Jiawei want to arrive there early because she said the early birds will have free gifts but, when we reach there, everyone was given a pendirve as a free gift. So there isn't any early bird gifts. Haha... I was teasing her with that... we had been in a hurry for nothing. Well we do earn more time to took more picture there!

Magic Performances

There were also some magic trick performance by... I don't know his name, I didn't get the chance to play with him. Too busy helping my friends to take photo and chit chat with them. Today I did made a few new friends!

Soon it is time for everyone to sit in. The tables were arranged accordingly to the course. I am from EE so see the table number? in mirror it will be 33/EE.

Lol, just kidding. That's is purely coincident and I only noticed it when i was writing this entry. The photograph taking process never really stopped. Even after we were being invited to the hall, there were still people walking around like 10 years never meet their friends. Haha...

Just join the fun and chit chat all the way.

They were my fellows course mate, there might be some that we seldom talk to each other, but I am sure we always know there is one out there... sometime we just Hi and Bye but... here by wish them all the best after they graduated!

The photo on the left is the emcee of the night Mr. Harry Foo. He is really a great presenter for the night! After some introduction and some speech. Then then dinner and dance started! Very soon after the dinner started, we were being amused by the dance performance from the school dance club. They had won over 20+ gold medals during competition. Well I don't remember the exact pieces of medals but they were great! The dances they did was latin dance.

Besides watching the dance, we were keeping our mouth full all the time with the foods!
Soon after the dance, we had some games held by the host. The hall were divided into half, the left side respect to the host were team Champions and my side which is the right side, is call the Winners.


The first game very pretty easy, the DJ will play a song, and what we have to do is try to guess the correct country from the songs and we will earn points from there. Sound easy right? xD


That's the chair that we had to rush for!

She was doing that for the bonus point.

Sometimes when people went up and answer the country corectly, Harry will gave bonus point by asking them to do the dance base on the origin of the songs. I don't quite remember what country dance is that...

Soon, the Champion had overtook our team by a lots of points, so the host brought the chair and put very close to the winner side so that we can get the chance to grab the chair and win some points for our team.

I am sitting reletive very close to the stage, and I am Song Keat! For sure I won't let away this chance to get on stage! So... I went up and try to win some points for my side!


I went up stage to win my team some points twice in a row then Harry gave me a yellow card for fighting over the chair with Kah Chuan. The answer for the first question was Thailand and I actually got it wrong but with the help from my fellow school mate shouting the answer.... I got it right. After I got the answer correct, Harry didn't gave me bonus points! So I ask him to give me a chance to win my team some bonus points!

The task was pretty easy... Do a Thailand dance! Haha... I totally have no idea on how to do a dance! So I ask him how.. the first thing he mention was imagine Thailand culture... he also mention about Tom Yam Mee!
Time for mischievous act from me!

As soon as the played the song, I started to act like I am eating a very hot and delicious tom yam mee while sweating a lot! Haha.... I even acted out peeling the prawns part and dip some Chili Padi! Hahaa... That really works and the crowds likes it....

The next song was 半斤八两 from Hong Kong! As soon as I back to my seat, I rush back for the seat again! Haha... That why I ended up... fighting over the seat with my friend. The answer for this song is really tricky... is actually Hong Kong China... and I only got it right with a lot of tips from the crowd... lol i am slow....

The host also asked me a simple question, how much is half plus half and I answered 200 very loudly... and the crowds burst into laughter! haha... actually my brain can't function well... and I just simply answer it! After that... the emcee keep on tease me with... half + half 200! Before I came down from the stage.. I asked for another bonus points... this time... he ask me to sing the song.. haha... i only know the 1st line.. so... i sang it! cool!

After me is Kah Chuan's turn... which he ended up have to do a sexy dance! Click here for the clip!

He really get his butt shaking!

After a few more rounds, Champions take lead again...
We have no choice but to wait for next game... by the way... I was banned from going for the chairs after the 2nd question! Haha... The emcee also can't handle me... my name of the night also been changed into Angggggg Song Keat!

Next... we got performance from a beat boxer... and... at the almost ending part.. he asked for a volunteer to go up and learn beatboxing from him.... well no one showed up.. so he ask the crowd to shout from their friends name.... no need guess.... I end up so famous and... being called up for it again... Hahaha... That night was like my wedding!

The beat boxer and the noob!

I practically have no idea how to do it... so just follow his instruction and do 2 sound... This thing.. i think need cong chee to do it... he got talent in it!  After the beatbox was performances by a singer... He is quie humor. He said in China there is birth control but in India.. there isn't. The family keep on producing kids... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12.... then they start to export their children all over the world!

There were also lucky draw... but... I am not that lucky to win the voucher... the grand prize was 400 dollar voucher!! arg.... wish it was mine... but... too bad...

Then there was also a runway by 4 girls from both team... it was a very interesting one... please click here for it... which is the link i posted on the top of the post. It had created an uproar during the cheering session for each team...

Photos during the cat walk!
Champions and Winners were cheering for their team!

I am doing the Mahjong Style.

The during the final part of the games, we were required to follow the host to do swiming style.... haha... then while I was posing for the camera.. the Emcee shouted... Anng Song Keat! You playing mahjong ah? why your hand like that while other were doing frog style... Sometimes fame is not that good... xD

After that, it was almost the very end of the event, then we had a toast with everyone!

Yum yum yum yum yum..... SENG!!

I toasted with empty glass.... XD cause they didn't refill for me!

Not much after the toast... so it the end of the graduation dinner!
Before all went off... took quite a lot of photo with other course mates!



All the EE top graduates.

That's all for my graduation dinner! It was a blast!

3 comments:

zaolon said...

wah....it is not a simple dinner lea..
wanna noe more abt it when v meet ..

Live Station said...

yea... a grand celebration...

jayhollic*bel said...

haha my friends who were at the same dinner told me all about your enthusiasm! lol congrats on your stellar results!